Friday, May 24, 2013

Tired Bandit's Progress


Tired bandit.
I just came back from the dealership. They had my stuff checked by a service company that deals with the DMV. It said I need another point, since the DMV probably will turn down one of the items. Maybe that's DMV policy, "always take down one," I don't know. So we started thinking again what I could do. I remembered that a friend of mine knows someone in New York, maybe she could take me on her next utility bill. Then I mentioned again that customer data sheet from my phone company, the one that the DMV had deemed insufficient when I had talked on the phone with them. The service company, however, said that would do it for me! They have experience, they do this every day, so I guess I can put some trust on that. Moreover, from their daily dealings they have a good channel to their preferred DMV clerk. And maybe the original six points work out without the need for that phone sheet even arising. The thing with the DMV is something I had already have found out, too: It apparently depends very much on whom you are dealing with. I got completely contradictory advice by different people there. That agency hopefully knows how their DMV partner ticks. Still, I put the "cautious" into the "optimism".

Regarding the bike, so far I have negotiated a price, made a down payment, and signed the deal. I still need to figure out insurance and get the DMV registration, but there's definitely progress. If all goes well, by the end of next week I'm riding!

For quite some time on my way home I had this permanent, huge grin fixed to my face. Even when not thinking about anything specific. I tried to relax my face, but there always was this itch. I just had to grin like a bandit. Then I grew incredibly tired, like a lot of tension fell off me. I've still got some homework for the weekend, but I'm in a good mood.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Christian, cool es scheint voranzugehen mit dem Bike!!! :) FC Bayer!!! Wir haben die CL gewonnen, falls es noch nicht bis nach NY durchgedrungen ist ;) Viele Grüße aus München, Michi

    ReplyDelete