Monday, June 24, 2013

Protest and Rust


I joined a group that went to a demonstration against the death penalty. The scheduled execution was postponed, but since we were almost at the prison already when we got the news, we went anyway and showed some presence before we rode back. At the site, the prison had put up sign posts reading "Supporters" and "Opponents." As if it were a football game. Man... I spent the whole five hours of bus riding trading stories with an 82-year old former teacher. Great guy, I was a bit sad when leaving, actually.

Then I went to the Oyster Pub for dinner, where I spotted that beauty:


A friend of the owner approached me and we chatted a bit about it. For those, who are interested in it, here's how that rusty look is done:
  1. Sand off the original paint.
  2. Apply a protective grounding.
  3. Coat it with some gray, metally stuff.
  4. Put on the accelerator.
  5. Cover that with some stuff that stops the rusting process and acts as a protective clear coating.
We then went inside the pub and had a chat with the owner. The waitress didn't really know what to do with me. I told her she should just put the food on the table. She had already served the drink to the empty table while I was watching the bike. Mean-looking bike. The motorcycle equivalent of a rat rod.

1 comment:

  1. oh süß, wie ein Maikäfer auf der Streckbank!

    Ma

    ReplyDelete