Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cherohala Skyway


So good!
In the Smokies.
I spent some moments in the creaking old rocking chair in front of my room this morning, listening to the birds. Then I started my day. First order, getting some greasy, delicious food!

Riding the Cherohala Skyway started out nicely. Then there was a washout. At some point I pulled over

Looking manly.
at a resting place, since there already were little streams flowing over the road. We had one of those biker rain-meetings at the resting place. A little later a couple arrived from the other direction. We thought they didn't look that wet, hoping for good news, but when they stood up... They were soaked! The guy actually tilted his bag to get the water out. We all laughed at them.






Happy warrior.
It soon cleared up, though, and the rest was beautiful riding.

There he is. Got him!
The Smokies, smokin'.
After the Skyway there was more rain, which didn't end until I left the Smokies behind me. And every rain shower brings fog with it. Seems like there's a reason they're called that way.

When I approached Atlanta, the air seemed to smell more southern and oceany already. You know, since Florida is getting closer. What the mind can do...



At the starting line.
Typical view.

No comments:

Post a Comment