Monday, April 29, 2013

New York


When flying back to Germany, I was just happily anticipating the tour, now I'm nervous again. Back to Boston for another night, fetching my stuff, then I'm on the Greyhound to New York. The Greyhound...another thing ticked off!

Even though I wasn't thinking about it at all beforehand, and I had been in the city before, as soon as I stepped off the bus it hit me. New York! I don't know what it is. It's nothing you can see or hear or taste, not some beauty of the city or some particular things to do. But...there's something in the air, a sense of “This is New York! THINGS are happening here!”, whatever these things are. It's a sense of excitement. Had a long chat with a bus driver. She laughed at that, said “Yes, mostly crazy things happening here.”

I know. Pathetically touristy. I admit to it.


Some appropriate dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment